Greatest Ultralight Tents of 2023, Knowledgeable Examined and Reviewed
We could earn income from the merchandise accessible on this web page and take part in affiliate packages. Be taught extra ›
Printed Might 17, 2023 7:01 PM
What options do the perfect light-weight tents for tenting have? First, an ultralight tent is one which, because the identify suggests, is extraordinarily light-weight. Most ultralight tents for 1-2 individuals solely weigh 2-3 lbs, however bigger ultralight tents for 3-4 individuals could also be nearer to 3-5 lbs. Regardless, the draw to an ultralightweight tent is to chop pack weight. You don’t have to be an ultralight backpacker to get pleasure from the advantages of a light-weight tent. What was a considerably fringe following, light-weight backpacking gear is now mainstream and nearly customary.
A lot of our prime picks for tents on this class are manufactured by the perfect tent manufacturers and each affords one thing a bit bit completely different than the opposite so you could find the right tent to suit your wants. In addition to being gentle and extremely moveable, the perfect ultralight tents should be sturdy, weather-resistant, and simple to arrange.
How We Picked the Greatest Ultralight Tents
In selecting the perfect ultralight tents, I evaluated weight, portability, sturdiness, and total efficiency in numerous climate situations. Since ultralight tents are focused towards backpackers, I examined choose tents in backpacking settings. I appeared on the ease of setup and the performance from the time I put it within the pack till I obtained house off the path. The class choice is a option to distinguish between the numerous wonderful backpacking tents accessible and align them with the best-intended use.
Different options we thought of when selecting the perfect ultralight tents included the next:
- Portability: What’s the pack dimension of the tent, together with the footprint? How a lot does the tent weigh? Is it straightforward to repack?
- Sturdiness: What’s the product lifespan? Is there a product guarantee or firm restore coverage? Does the tent include a restore equipment? Is the tent constituted of sturdy supplies?
- Consolation: Is the tent inside snug for the meant use and variety of individuals? Is there gear storage contained in the tent and at the very least one vestibule? Are there extra options that improve consolation? Is there enough air flow?
- Climate Resistance: What’s the tent rated for relating to season and climate publicity? How does it stand as much as excessive winds? Are the supplies utterly waterproof? Is the waterproofing PFC-free and unhazardous? Does waterproofing have to be reapplied?
Normal business data, interviews with product builders, and verified buyer evaluations additionally influenced our last product rankings. All product selections are topic to vary and updates as extra testing happens and new merchandise enter the market.
The Greatest Ultralight Tents: Critiques and Suggestions
Greatest General: Nemo Dragonfly OSMO
- Supplies: 10D Nylon Ripstop, No-See-Um Mesh
- Ground Space: 29 sq ft
- Peak Peak: 41 in
- Packed Measurement: 19.5 x 5.5 x 3.5 in
- Weight: 2 lb 10 oz
- Two giant vestibules
- Ample inside group
- Light-weight and extremely moveable
- Easy setup
- Bluesign-approved fly & ground supplies
- Footprint not included
Our prime decide for the perfect 2-person backpacking tent, the Nemo Dragonfly OSMO, received out as our favourite ultralight tent. This specific Nemo tent mannequin is exclusive as a result of it’s constituted of the model’s proprietary PFAS-free OSMO cloth constituted of 100% recycled yarn. The OSMO cloth is a poly-nylon ripstop mix with a excessive stage of water repellency. One factor that basically units it other than different related supplies is the stretch resistance when moist.
Due to the easy design, I solely wanted to make use of the supplied tent set-up directions the primary time I set it up, which took me round eight minutes. The second time—with out utilizing directions—it took me lower than 5 minutes. Each instances I used to be in a position to set it up utterly alone. The colour coding of the tent poles, clips, and corners made meeting even simpler, which I appreciated.
Whereas the Nemo Dragonfly OSMO is accessible in 1-, 2-, and 3-person sizing, we examined the ultralight 2-person tent. Inside, I had loads of headspace when sitting up (I’m 5-foot-7, for reference), and there was loads of area for me and two giant breed canine, which makes me consider there’d be ample area for 2 common adults and their gear. The tent’s ground is tapered to save lots of on weight and, even with that design, there’s nonetheless sufficient room for a 20-inch sleeping pad.
I like to recommend utilizing a footprint with this tent, primarily due to the ultralight cloth. Although the material is high quality and comparatively sturdy, the sunshine weight alone could impression longevity. For the reason that supplies are thinner and doubtlessly extra susceptible to rips or tears, I additionally advocate utilizing some form of mat if packing with canine. Whereas sturdiness is all the time a prime precedence for me when taking a look at backpacking tools, so is the product guarantee. Nemo has a stellar guarantee and restore program, so you possibly can make the most of its lifetime guarantee if wanted.
One other concern I typically have with a tent after I’m executed utilizing it’s how straightforward it’s to pack up and match again into the bag supplied. Fortunately, this isn’t the case right here. The tent is simply as straightforward to take down as it’s to arrange. It folds up neatly and matches snuggly within the bag supplied. The supplies wanted to be rolled tightly to slot in the bag, nevertheless it wasn’t laborious to realize.
Greatest Backpacking: Large Agnes Copper Spur HV UL
- Supplies: Double ripstop combined denier nylon, polyester mesh, polyurethane coating
- Ground Space: 29 sq ft
- Peak Peak: 40 in
- Packed Measurement: 19.5″ x 6″
- Weight: 3lb 2oz
- Wonderful size-to-weight ratio
- Two vestibules
- Shade-coded poles/clips for straightforward setup
- Safe in excessive winds
- Ample air flow for warm-weather tenting
- Rainfly doorways might align with tent doorways higher
- Footprint not included
Essentially the most related design on our record to the Nemo Dragonfly OSMO is the Large Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 2. These two went face to face in our testing of the perfect 2-person backpacking tents and so they’re ranked equally right here. The primary variations are that this one is barely heavier with much less inside area than the Nemo Dragonfly. Regardless, the Large Agnes Copper Spur is a prime contender due to the well-thought-out design and space-to-weight ratio giant sufficient for 2 individuals. Having two giant vestibules helps to distribute gear opening up more room contained in the tent.
One factor that this tent could have executed higher than the Nemo tent is the rainfly. Though the alignment with the doorways is a bit awkward, it supplied extra protection to the tent’s physique total than different tents I examined. The excessive stage of climate resistance is a prime promoting level and makes it supreme for backpacking. When the tent is about up accurately, you’ll have minimal points in excessive, gusting winds or rain storms.
Very like the Nemo tent, this Large Agnes tent has a color-coded design that can assist you simply and effectively align the poles and clips. I really like the colour coding, particularly in the event you’re backpacking and should arrange shortly at midnight. You aren’t scrambling round having to readjust or change the setup a few times; you possibly can take a look at the corners and line them up with the right finish of the poles and be in your approach.
Greatest 1 Particular person: Six Moon Designs Skyscape Trekker
Greatest 1 Particular person
- Supplies: Polyester, Silicone
- Ground Space: 23 sq ft
- Peak Peak: 45 in
- Packed Measurement: 11″ x 4.5″
- Weight: 1.6 lbs
- Restricted lifetime guarantee
- Trekking poles double as tent poles
- Technically a double-walled tent
- Two doorways and vestibules
- Wonderful air flow
- Doesn’t embrace stakes
- Takes some follow for a simple setup
- Seams don’t come sealed except service requested
Six Moon Designs is an ultralight tent model we’ve lined earlier than, and amongst a few of their hottest designs is the Skyscape Trekker. This solo backpacking tent fits one individual (and a canine). You’d be hard-pressed to suit a couple of grownup on this tent, however the considerate design supplies loads of headspace and storage for gear. Although it’s meant for a person, I respect the two-door and two-vestibule design. Two choices for exiting and coming into the tent make setup simpler, and the extra vestibule supplies much more cupboard space so the tent’s inside isn’t crowded.
This Six Moon Designs tent is likely one of the lightest tents featured on our record, partially as a result of it’s a one-person tent, but in addition as a result of it lacks tent poles. Take word that the tent doesn’t come inventory with stakes, so that you’ll must buy these individually, and except requested, the tent seams don’t come sealed both. Sealing the tent seams isn’t vital, however in the event you camp in areas with excessive precipitation ranges, sealed seams improve moisture resistance.
The primary time establishing the Skyscape Trekker was an expertise for me. I don’t use this tent fashion typically, so there was a little bit of a studying curve. The directions supplied are simple, however the tent form and the mix of the rainfly and tent physique made orienting the tent accurately proper out of the bag considerably complicated. As soon as I had the orientation down, setup took me round 10 minutes. A lot of that point was spent adjusting my trekking poles to the right top to perform because the tent poles after which adjusting the guylines to maintain the tent all upright. Throughout this course of, I additionally battled the wind, which, whereas annoying, gave me a good suggestion of the problem stage in less-than-ideal situations.
As soon as the tent is about up and secured, it’s fairly steady. It’s essential to concentrate to the orientation of the tent as a result of the form capabilities greatest with the pinnacle of the tent going through into the wind. The stakes and guylines are a giant a part of stabilizing this tent design as a result of it’s not freestanding, so it’s important to have choices for securing the tent, and establishing in areas with lots of rocky or hard-packed floor could also be tougher.
Greatest 4-Season: MSR Entry 2
- Supplies: 20D ripstop nylon & DWR, Xtreme Protect polyurethane & silicone, 10D polyester micro-mesh
- Ground Space: 29 sq. ft
- Peak Peak: 42 in
- Packed Measurement: 18″ x 6″
- Weight: 4 lbs 1 oz
- Double wall design for enough climate resistance
- Air flow to attenuate condensation
- Easy setup
- Light-weight for a 4-season tent
- Extremely climate resistant
- Pack dimension might be smaller
Undoubtedly the heaviest tent possibility on our record is the MSR Entry 2. The tent’s weight is basically because of the 4-season design, and also you’d be hard-pressed to discover a tent lighter than this with as excessive of a stage of efficiency. Should you’re in search of a backpacking tent appropriate for winter or alpine tenting, this MSR tent is a light-weight 2-person possibility. (In any case, MSR tents are a few of the greatest tents we’ve ever examined.) The double wall tent design supplies supreme climate safety and warmth retention and the air flow—which permits for adjustability—is enough for most individuals’s wants.
Though this tent thrives in heavy rains and average winds, it performs greatest in delicate winter situations. It’s a tent that works effectively for the common backpacker or ski tourer and may deal with gentle snow hundreds, however in the event you’re heading out into an intense expedition, a stronger and extra technical mountaineering tent could also be of worth. The lighter weight of this 4-season tent makes it much less sturdy and fewer sturdy in intense winter storms, however that’s what makes it optimum for anybody trying to camp at greater elevations throughout shoulder seasons and a few winter tenting treks.
Most Spacious: Black Diamond Mega Gentle 4P Tent
- Supplies: 30d polyester
- Ground Space: 50.7 sq ft
- Peak Peak: 57 in
- Packed Measurement: 5″ x 12″
- Weight: 2 lb 13 oz
- New design with diminished cloth stretch
- Extraordinarily roomy inside
- Can use included pole or trekking/ski poles for middle assist
- Works particularly effectively for snow tenting
- Seams sealed for optimum moisture resistance
- Wonderful air flow because of the lack of a ground
- Mega Bug internal tent and Floor Material aren’t included
- Might not be appropriate for all climate situations
Whether or not you wish to reduce weight on a bunch rafting journey or search a light-weight tent for tenting within the snow, the Black Diamond Mega Gentle 4-person tent is an excellent alternative. The only-wall pyramid design cuts down on weight, particularly because it doesn’t include a ground. There’s the choice so as to add the appropriate Mega Bug internal tent and a Floor Material, however these aren’t included within the preliminary value of the tent and would bump the load up fairly a bit. The included carbon fiber middle pole is exceptionally light-weight. Nonetheless, in the event you’d like to chop weight much more in your gear setup, the tent may also be supported with trekking or ski poles and utilizing the pole connectors included with the tent.
Establishing this roomy Black Diamond tent is comparatively easy however requires safe staking alongside all sides of the tent. As soon as the tent is staked out, all that’s left to do is erect the middle pole and tighten up any edges and guylines. The floorless design isn’t optimum for all climate situations, and the tent is prone to expertise flooding in areas which have lots of rain. Utilizing the appropriate inside tent is an possibility since that comes with a tub-style ground, however in any other case, this tent is greatest used with a cautious eye on the climate. The shortage of a ground does enhance air flow, although. It’s a widespread tent possibility for establishing a basecamp within the snow to create a comfortable inside by digging out benches and a sleeping space beneath the tent ground line.
Beforehand, consumer complaints relating to cloth stretch and that the tent didn’t come seam sealed look like corrected on newer fashions of this tent. Now, the tent has the next stage of resistance to moisture, and the material performs higher in moist situations. It nonetheless isn’t going to be as sturdy or light-weight as a tent constituted of Dyneema, however its total efficiency is stellar for what it’s.
Greatest Finances: Naturehike Ultralight 1-Particular person Tent
- Supplies: SilNylon, Aluminum, Polyurethane
- Peak Peak: 43.3 in
- Packed Measurement: 15.7″ x 5.9″
- Weight: 3.63 lbs
- Reasonably priced value
- Straightforward to setup
- First rate air flow
- Packs down simply within the supplied bag
- Enough climate resistance
- Questionable sturdiness
- Not very roomy inside or vestibules
- Inconsistency in manufacturing and alignment of tent poles with cloth
- Might have a greater size-to-weight ratio
Should you solely camp a couple of instances a 12 months and wish an ultralight 1-person tent, you don’t wish to spend upwards of $300 on a tent. Whereas Kelty tents are sometimes our first decide for sturdy and inexpensive tents, none of their designs qualify for the ultralight class. As a substitute, we landed on the Naturehike 1-Particular person tent. The dimensions-to-weight ratio isn’t as gentle as higher-end choices, however even with the stakes and poles included, it’s nonetheless beneath 4 kilos. For many funds tenting gear, having reasonable expectations is a good suggestion. This tent isn’t going to carry out as effectively or be as sturdy as one thing just like the Nemo Dragonfly OSMO or Large Agnes Copper Spur, nevertheless it does get the job executed.
Setting the tent up is easy and it packs down simply within the supplied carrying bag. It isn’t the roomiest as a one-person tent, however there’s nonetheless loads of area for a median grownup if their gear is primarily saved within the vestibule. A problem you might run into relying on the dimensions of your backpack is that the pack touches the vestibule cloth. That is solely actually a problem if it rains as a result of the contact with the bag in opposition to the material permits moisture to leak via.
General, the climate resistance of this tent isn’t the perfect, and we advocate sealing seams and making use of a water-resistant coating of your personal for the next stage of efficiency. For the common backpacker, particularly somebody who solely wants a tent sometimes, this tent works simply high quality. It solely performs effectively in some situations and will not final so long as others, nevertheless it’s a fairly inexpensive tent that gives a good efficiency worth.
What to Take into account When Selecting an Ultralight Tent
Ultralight tents have already got a narrower focus relating to the meant use, however they’re changing into much more mainstream for many backpackers. The kind of ultralight tent you determine to get could rely extra closely on how you intend to make use of it. Ultralight hikers fluctuate in self-discipline and kit choice. Some could want a extra conventional freestanding tent design and are okay with the extra weight of tent poles. Others could go for a smaller tent that makes use of trekking poles to assist reduce weight much more. For probably the most ultralight design, some hikers use tarp-style designs to chop again on the variety of equipment and the general ounces.
Whatever the utility, it’s as much as you, and it helps to understand how and when the tent might be used, together with the frequency of use. Though tent designs and supplies have come a great distance, ultralight designs are nonetheless typically much less sturdy than extra conventional tent designs. So particular care and a spotlight needs to be taken when selecting the perfect ultralight tents to make sure they mirror the meant use.
Just a few key questions that will enable you to slim down the perfect ultralight tent in your wants embrace:
- What time of 12 months do you camp most frequently? Are there bugs? Excessive winds? Rain?
- Do you want a 1-person tent or a bigger one?
- Is weight an important issue when shopping for a tent?
- What’s your funds?
- Is that this your solely tent/shelter, or is that this only one possibility for particular functions?
The time of 12 months and terrain might also impression the kind of tent wanted. As an example, in the event you want a 4-season tent for winter or alpine tenting, it could be attainable to get an ultralight model. Nonetheless, ultralight 4-season tents throughout the board weigh greater than 3-season tents because of the vital safety inbuilt in opposition to the weather.
Numerous tent shapes can be found for backpacking tents, however ultralight tents thrive with a couple of particular designs. The most typical ultralight tent varieties embrace:
- Tarp Tents (Single Wall): Tarp tents and single wall tents might be the identical throughout the ultralight tent classes. A tarp tent is a tent with a single wall and ground. Some designs have a everlasting enclosure connected to the tarp overlaying or are detachable so as to add variation to setup choices. Often, these mix the tent physique and rainfly, so they’re much lighter than double-wall designs. Tarp tents typically make the most of trekking poles as an alternative of ordinary tent poles with a mixture of guylines for tensioning the partitions.
- Tarp: Among the many hottest ultralight tent designs is a stand-alone tarp. A tarp is the lightest and infrequently least expensive shelter possibility however is just used for extra skilled hikers and campers. Tarps are extremely adaptable and supply the consumer with a number of choices for setup and use. A-frame and flat tarps are the 2 commonest tarp setups we’ve seen, and every possibility has its personal benefits and value variations.
- Pyramids (Mids): Pyramid tents could have a middle pole or require trekking or ski poles to set it up. The tent physique is a single layer of waterproof materials. Some pyramid tents have a ground, however most ultralight pyramid tent fashions don’t have any ground; relying on the corporate could have add-ons like flooring and bug mesh. Whereas it isn’t favorable for all customers, the flexibility so as to add items of the shelter makes the load simpler to customise. Pyramids are widespread in alpine basecamps however can be utilized in numerous settings.
- Double Wall: Double wall tents could also be the kind of backpack tent that the majority campers are household utilizing. These have a normal tent physique with mesh air flow, waterproof supplies, and a ground. Then, the secondary wall is a rainfly separated from the physique and connected to the skin of the tent poles. Double wall tents assist decrease condensation contained in the tent because of higher air flow, and the rainfly supplies room for extra gear storage inside a vestibule. The mix of the tent physique, rainfly, tent poles, and stakes made these much less widespread amongst ultralight hikers, however in recent times, many double wall tents have reduce down on their weight and gained extra of an edge over the competitors.
Hammocks are additionally a well-liked ultralight shelter possibility and could also be higher to be used in sure climates than a tent that requires sleeping on the bottom. The tent varieties described above aren’t the one choices, however they’re those we’ve seen most frequently.
Weight and Portability
The load and portability of ultralight tents are among the many most significant issues as a result of they’re largely the rationale we wish them within the first place. On common, a 1- or 2-person ultralight tent ought to weigh lower than 3 kilos. Bigger capability tents can nonetheless be thought of ultralight if they’re over 3 kilos as a result of it displays the dimensions of the tent.
Aside from the direct dimension of the tent, the general design and extra items could affect the load. Some tents could have components left behind to chop when wanted or options that may be added if further weight isn’t a priority. Objects like tent poles, stakes, footprints, rainfly, and guylines can all add weight. For many ultralight hikers, each ounce counts, so if components of the tent might be dropped, they are going to be.
The packed dimension might also be of concern, particularly if carrying a smaller ultralight backpack. The tent hopefully packs down effectively and is compact. That approach, it isn’t taking on a lot pack area. Tents with no poles are usually lighter and simpler to pack, however you might sacrifice some consolation and performance relying on the design.
Sturdiness and Supplies
It has lengthy been thought that ultralight gear isn’t as sturdy or sturdy as conventional backpacking gear. In recent times, new developments in materials composition and proprietary artificial blends have improved ultralight tent sturdiness.
Whereas quite a lot of materials and cloth combos can be utilized, there are 4 mostly used for ultralight tents.
- Polyester: Polyester is the most cost effective and least sturdy of ultralight tent materials. It’s comparatively light-weight however much less gentle than different choices, making it much less widespread in ultralight tent development. Polyester is healthier for tents that aren’t meant for backpacking.
- RipStop Nylon: Probably, the most typical or at the very least one that the majority readers might be acquainted with is RipsStop Nylon. Nylon is a strong cloth alternative that gives water resistance. RipStop Nylon differs from customary nylon due to the kind of weave. RipStop weaving is when the yarn is interwoven in a crosshatch sample, sometimes each 5-8 millimeters. That weave is what makes it extra resistant to tearing or tearing. It has a much better weight-to-strength ratio than polyester however is nowhere close to as sturdy as Dyneema. Nylon is inclined to stretch and injury from moisture and solar, however the RipStop design does make it extra tear and abrasion resistant.
- SilNylon: Because the identify suggests, SilNylon combines silicone and nylon supplies. It’s made by injecting skinny woven nylon with silicone on either side, and the intention is to create a extra waterproof cloth with greater sturdiness. The injection of silicone makes it stronger for the load of the fabric compared to conventional nylon, and it ought to enhance tear energy. SilNylon is extra inexpensive than Dyneema however much less sturdy or long-lasting.
- Dyneema Composite Fiber (DCF): the strongest tent materials on this record, DCF can also be the most costly. The material is constructed from a sheet of ultra-high-molecurlar-weight polyethylene laminated between two sheets of polyester cloth. Tents constituted of these supplies are extremely light-weight, costly, and sturdy. It was initially developed for high-performance sails and has since been adopted by backpacking tents and different outside corporations dealing in textiles. Dyneema tents have superior energy and climate resistance and maintain their form fairly effectively, even with frequent use.
Many tents make the most of a mix of supplies, and the tent physique is commonly constituted of a distinct denier or mix than the rainfly. For instance, the Nemo Dragonfly OSMO cloth is a mix of synthetics corresponding to polyester and nylon strategically chosen as a proprietary mix to reinforce efficiency. Rainflys needs to be utterly waterproof, whereas the tent physique is probably going a mixture of mesh and different materials, offering the required air flow.
The tent design can affect climate resistance, so think about the general local weather and potential climate situations when utilizing an ultralight tent. Climate resistance typically refers back to the supplies’ waterproofing and moisture resistance, however issues like excessive wind and snow also needs to be thought of.
Many tents make the most of some cloth coating to waterproof the supplies. The outside business is leaning in the direction of PFC-free options to fabricate extra environmentally pleasant gear, so in search of PFC-free and water-based coatings on tent supplies is right. These coatings might also assist with UV safety resulting in an extended lifespan of the tent cloth.
Different tent development options like zipper coverings, sealed seams, and tub-style flooring can enhance water resistance. Trying on the included guylines and stakes and the way effectively they safe may give you an thought of how the tent stands as much as the wind. Even when the tent doesn’t have the best high quality stakes, these can simply get replaced. If the tent depends closely on stakes and guylines to safe and stabilize the tent, you might run into points on terrain that don’t have ample staking alternatives (i.e., a lot of rocks or roots).
Q: How a lot ought to an ultralight backpacking tent weigh?
How a lot an ultralight tent ought to weigh will depend on private preferences, however typically, a 1- or 2-person ultralight tent is round 2 to three kilos or much less in some instances. For a bigger capability tent, it could be nearer to three to 4 kilos.
Q: What’s the greatest materials for ultralight tents?
Light-weight tents are sometimes constituted of Dyneema composite materials (DCF) and will eradicate poles by integrating trekking poles or ski pole helps into the design. The Nemo Dragonfly OSMO tent that received the perfect total is constituted of OSMO Ripstop cloth, a novel proprietary mix of artificial supplies to reinforce water resistance and sturdiness.
Q: How do I retailer an ultralight tent?
The beneficial option to retailer an ultralight tent (or any tent for that matter) is outdoors of the stuff sack loosely rolled or hung up. Nevertheless you select to retailer the tent, it needs to be in a dry place away from publicity to UV gentle.
Q: Is a tarp higher than a tent for ultralight backpacking?
A tarp is healthier than an ultralight tent for backpacking if you’re strictly in search of the lightest attainable possibility. Even probably the most light-weight tents take up more room than a normal tent, and options like zippers and poles improve the load generally. The advantages of a tent could outweigh the portability of a tarp, although. Tents enable for full closure and safety from bugs and will provide higher climate safety.
Q: Can I pack my tent away when moist?
Keep away from packing your tent away when it’s moist. If a tent is packed whereas moist, mildew shortly develops on the material and may degrade the fabric. At all times enable tents to dry completely earlier than storing them, and if you’re backpacking and must pack a moist tent, try to take away as a lot moisture as attainable earlier than packing. Then, whenever you arrive house or on the new camp, take it out as quickly as attainable, permitting it to dry.
Q: Do tents lose waterproofing over time?
Sure, most tents lose some waterproofing with time, use, and publicity to UV gentle. Greater high quality tents with extra superior cloth blends and waterproof coatings are prone to last more, and it’s attainable to re-waterproof tent supplies as wanted. The Nemo Dragonfly OSMO tent featured makes use of the OSMO materials designed to be extra water repellent for longer than the usual tent cloth. The mix of hydroponic yarns, hydrophobic coatings, and weave development enhances efficiency and longevity.
Ultimate Ideas on the Greatest Ultralight Tents
The very best ultralight tents not solely enable you to reduce weight in your pack however also needs to be extremely sturdy, climate resistant, and simple to make use of. Our prime decide for greatest total ultralight tent and greatest 2-person backpacking tent is the Nemo Dragonfly OSMO. Whereas we stand behind all of our gear picks on this record, the Nemo tent goes far past easy tent design and integrates new cloth expertise for the next stage of consolation and efficiency.
Why Belief Us
For greater than 125 years, Subject & Stream has been offering readers with sincere and genuine protection of outside gear. Our writers and editors eat, sleep, and breathe the outside, and that zeal comes via in our product evaluations. You may depend on F&S to maintain you updated on the perfect new gear. And after we write a couple of product—whether or not it’s a bass lure or a backpack—we cowl the great and the dangerous, so you already know precisely what to anticipate earlier than you determine to make a purchase order.