March 09, 2021
You possibly can’t use common paprika on this elk venison goulash recipe, which does not have a lot taste – Hungarian paprika is a should. I really like goulash over egg noodles, and you probably have time, home made noodles are the very best. The extreme tomato and meaty taste on this recipe screams umami, whereas the cooked down onion offers the sauce nice physique. This basic Jap European dish will develop into a household favourite.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner time: 3 hours
- 2 kilos elk (or deer) venison roast
- 2 massive onions, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil, separated
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian candy paprika
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- Kosher salt, to style
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water or beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon dried marjoram
- Chopped parsley
- Cooked pasta, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes
- Lower elk or venison roast into 1-inch cubes. You do not have to take away the silver pores and skin – it should soften and provides the meat a pleasant texture later. Mix Hungarian paprika, 2 teaspoons of kosher salt, and black pepper, after which coat meat with seasonings.
- Over medium-high warmth, warmth 1 tablespoon of oil in a pan. Brown meat on all sides; don’t overcrowd the pan and cook dinner in batches. Put aside.
- Decrease warmth to medium and add 1 extra tablespoon of oil. Add onion and sweat till translucent, about 5-7 minutes. Then add cooked meat to the onion, together with tomato paste and garlic. Stir for 1 minute to permit garlic to develop into fragrant, however don’t brown. Add water or broth and marjoram. Carry to a simmer, cowl, and cook dinner for about three hours or till venison is moist and tender. Stir sometimes to stop the underside from sticking and burning.
- Season to style and serve with pasta, egg noodles, or mashed potatoes. Garnish with chopped parsley.