Blackened Catfish With Maque Choux Recipe
A modification of a redfish recipe with Cajun succotash, this one received’t take all day within the kitchen, however is bound to boost eyebrows on the desk. Goes properly with white rice, which is a pleasant complement to the spicy catfish.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook dinner time: 20 minutes
- 4 catfish fillets
- ½ cup melted butter
- ½ cup Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons candy paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
Maque Choux Substances:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 small onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 1 inexperienced pepper, chopped
- 4 cups corn kernels
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- Salt and Tabasco sauce to style
- To make the maque choux, warmth butter in a sauté pan over medium-high warmth, then add the onion. Sauté the onion for 1 minute, then add the inexperienced pepper.
- Sprinkle with salt and sauté 4-5 minutes, stirring typically. Add corn kernels and prepare dinner one other 10 minutes. Flip off warmth and canopy whereas getting ready fish.
- To arrange the catfish fillets, soften the butter and pour the Cajun spices right into a shallow dish. Dip fish fillets in melted butter, then dredge in Cajun spices.
- Cook dinner fillets 2-3 minutes per facet in a sizzling cast-iron frying pan. Whenever you flip the fillets, add tomatoes and Tabasco to the maque choux.
- After the fillets are executed, serve with the maque choux and revel in.