Barbara Walters’ Western Casserole – 365 Days of Gradual Cooking and Stress Cooking
An On the spot Pot model of Barbara Walters Western Casserole. A scrumptious, straightforward weeknight meal with rice, floor beef, tomatoes and inexperienced peppers.
Pin this recipe for later!
Barbara Walters’ Western Casserole
I got here throughout this recipe for Barbara Walters’ Western Casserole on the web. From the image it seems like fairly an outdated recipe. Possibly from the 80s? I knew that it had the potential to be an incredible On the spot Pot recipe. I ended up altering among the ratios of the components and put my very own little touches on the recipe. It was a scrumptious and really straightforward weeknight meal. I believe you’ll prefer it too! (It sort of jogged my memory of spanish rice.)
- Lean floor beef–or floor turkey
- Seasoned salt–or garlic salt
- Beef or hen broth–or water and Higher than Bouillon
- Transformed rice–or white rice. I like utilizing transformed rice due to the feel.
- Chili powder
- Worcestershire sauce
- Diced tomatoes–or crushed or stewed tomatoes
- Inexperienced bell pepper–or one other colour of bell pepper
- Sliced olives–non-compulsory. I didn’t use as a result of nobody in my household likes olives.
- Tomato sauce
- Cheddar cheese–or one other sort of cheese you take pleasure in.
Brown: Flip On the spot Pot to saute setting. When show says HOT add within the beef and break it up. Add within the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off extra grease. How I drain grease: Tilt the On the spot Pot to 1 facet whereas holding the bottom meat towards the opposite facet with a picket spoon. This could make a lot of the grease pool on the tilted facet. Decrease the On the spot Pot down, the meat ought to keep to its facet and the grease on the opposite. Place a pair paper towels into the grease and use the spoon to sop up the grease. Discard the paper towels. Stir within the seasoned salt.
Deglaze: Pour within the broth and scrape backside of pot in order that nothing is sticking. Flip off On the spot Pot.
Add components: Sprinkle within the rice, chili powder, pepper, Worcestershire, tomatoes, peppers and olives. Don’t stir (this can stop the burn error message).
Stress cook dinner: Cowl On the spot Pot and safe the lid. Ensure that valve is ready to sealing. Set guide/stress cook dinner button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes after which transfer the valve to venting. Take away the lid.
Ending touches: Stir in tomato sauce and cheddar. Scoop onto plates or bowls and serve.
- We served this rice dish with a inexperienced salad and our favourite Italian salad dressing (Olive Backyard model).
- I used my 6 quart On the spot Pot*. You may as well make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Retailer leftovers in an hermetic container* within the fridge for as much as 5 days or within the freezer for as much as 3 months.
- This recipe will be gluten free for those who use gluten-free Worcestershire sauce.
- This recipe will be dairy free for those who forego sprinkling the cheese on it.
- What’s transformed/parboiled rice? Don’t confuse transformed rice (or typically it’s referred to as parboiled rice) with pre-cooked or minute rice. Parboiled rice has been processed in its husk by soaking, steaming, and drying. Consequently, all of the vitamins from the husk are absorbed into the grain earlier than it’s eliminated. The starch content material alters within the course of, making cooked parboiled rice much less sticky than common white rice. The rice kernels aren’t clumpy and glued collectively as an alternative they’re extra separated. I discovered a bag of parboiled rice at Walmart subsequent to the traditional lengthy grain white rice. Typically I purchase it at Winco within the bulk part. I’ve additionally discovered it within the orange field (Ben’s model) subsequent to different rices.
- You can also make this with plain lengthy grain white rice for those who choose. Use the identical cooking instances and broth to rice ratio.
- Recipe tailored from 30seconds.com.
Extra On the spot Pot Recipes with Rice
On the spot Pot Pollo Loco Mexican Rooster
Yellow spanish-style rice with tender bites of hen, carrots and white queso.
On the spot Pot Fiesta Beef Casserole
Floor beef, brown rice, beans and Rotel make up this straightforward and scrumptious weeknight meal. Don’t neglect your favourite toppings to convey it to the following degree!
On the spot Pot Chinese language Beef Casserole
A traditional Midwestern sizzling dish with floor beef, rice, creamy soup, and celery that’s topped with Chow Mein noodles. Grandma used to make it within the oven and now you can also make it in half the time in your On the spot Pot.
On the spot Pot Deconstructed Casserole
Deconstructed stuffed peppers have rice, floor beef, cheese, peppers and extra. You’re going to like how straightforward it’s to take pleasure in “stuffed peppers” with out all of the work.
On the spot Pot Melissa’s Casserole
A simple hen, rice, broccoli and cheese casserole that’s made in a single pot, the On the spot Pot.
Do you know you may filter the recipes on my web site to go looking by meat sort, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, and many others.? Use the filter to seek out precisely what you're on the lookout for.
Pin this recipe for later!
Barbara Walters Western Casserole
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Prepare dinner Time: 4 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
Whole Time: 24 minutes
Yield: 6 servings 1x
A scrumptious, straightforward weeknight meal with rice, floor beef, tomatoes and inexperienced peppers.
- Brown: Flip On the spot Pot to saute setting. When show says HOT add within the beef and break it up. Add within the onions. Brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off extra grease. Stir within the seasoned salt.
- Deglaze: Pour within the broth and scrape backside of pot in order that nothing is sticking. Flip off On the spot Pot.
- Add components: Sprinkle within the rice, chili powder, pepper, Worcestershire, tomatoes, peppers and olives. Don’t stir.
- Stress cook dinner: Cowl On the spot Pot and safe the lid. Ensure that valve is ready to sealing. Set guide/stress cook dinner button to 4 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes after which transfer the valve to venting. Take away the lid.
- Ending touches: Stir in tomato sauce and cheddar. Scoop onto plates or bowls and serve.
- Class: Beef
- Technique: On the spot Pot
Pin this recipe for later!
*Karen Petersen is a participant within the Amazon Providers LLC Associates Program, an affiliate promoting program designed to supply a method for websites to earn promoting charges by promoting and linking to amazon.com.